Wednesday, January 27, 2010

SHOW COMING UP 2.4.10 -111 FRONT ST, BROOKLYN: GALLERY 220

Fee Fi Fo Fum oil on linen 30"x35"

Next Thursday, February 4th at 111 Front Street in Brooklyn. This show will include myself and 3 other figurative artists, and should be a really fun event.

The opening will be going on Thursday- 5:30-9pm
Let me know if you can make it!

---

Fee Fi Fo Fum is my latest painting. I still think it could have a ways to go but we'll see-
Blood trapped in the face is a very loaded image for me. It reminds me of being a kid and popping the heads off the dandelions. It reminds me of my humiliation at just being a person, at any hint towards how   alive and seething I was. It's hard to live in a social world with rules and cues you have to pick up on. It's the feeling that I had no idea how to be a person- the feeling that everyone else had someone to tell them the secrets to it- the feeling that I was obvious. They can smell the blood in my face, and I am the giant. The idea that I was the clown. The way I wanted to devour everyone, the way I wanted to be ground up hamburger meat. The way I wanted to reveal all my flaws and guts and shit so that I could do it on my own terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment