Saturday, November 7, 2009

line equality






The more I let myself draw the way I like to draw, the more I learn about myself from my drawings. I am pretty fundamentally against erasing, and have only really given into it when I felt embarrassed by something that's really terribly drawn. I love going over every accidental line and every mistake and every wrong path until they're all of equal importance. It seems like the more I make everything uniform, the more interesting things jump out at me. I love going over every line of a drawing without thinking about the actual thing I'm drawing. Then sometimes I go over things until there're dead, but I'm always working on knowing when to stop and what to leave. 


I've been doing a lot of work in my room for the last week or so. My job has been keeping me busy and overwhelmed, but I love it so I can't complain too much. It's interesting to be working in the privacy of my own room again for a bit. I've missed it a little to be honest.




No comments:

Post a Comment